#3 CMS Stags Tennis won their first road match of the season and 100th consecutive conference contest, a 7-2 victory at #15 Redlands. The conference streak dates back eleven years to the day, as their last loss was April 15, 2005. During that span, only one conference dual match has been decided by fewer than 3 points, a 5-4 decision over Redlands in April, 2008.
Seniors Skyler Butts (Santa Ana, CA), Max Macey (Wilton, CT), Lestter Yeh (Arcadia, CA) and Bryan Mehall (Snowmass Village, CO) all figured prominently in the Stags' fifth conference win of the season. Butts, the West region's top player, earned a tough 7-6(5), 6-0 win at #1 to clinch the dual match for CMS. Macey was the only Stag to win in both doubles and singles, winning with Mehall at #3 doubles, and then completing the singles sweep for CMS with his three-set win at #4. Yeh was the first Stag to complete his singles match, winning at #5 and pulling CMS even after a 2-1 deficit following the doubles.
Daniel Morkovine (Jr. San Carlos, CA) won his eleventh singles dual match of the spring and Patrick Wildman (So. - Cincinnati, OH) won his fourth singles match without a defeat, as the Stags pulled away from the Bulldogs.
CMS is now 19-2 overall and 5-0 in SCIAC. Next up for the Stags on Saturday, April 16 is a home contest against league foe Occidental at 10 AM, followed by a 3 PM match at UC Irvine.
#3 Claremont-Mudd-Scripps (7) vs. #15 Redlands (2)
April 15, 2016 at Redlands, CA (Verdieck Courts)
1. Joey Dulle / Jake Ly (Redlands) def. Skyler Butts / Daniel Morkovine (CMS) 8-6
2. Chase Lipscomb / Parker Wilson (Redlands) def. Lestter Yeh / Glenn Hull (CMS) 8-3
3. Max Macey / Bryan Mehall (CMS) def. Cooper Lacetera / Taylor Hunt (Redlands) 8-3
1. Skyler Butts (CMS) def. Chase Lipscomb (Redlands) 7-6(5), 6-0
2. Glenn Hull (CMS) def. Joey Dulle (Redlands) 6-1, 6-2
3. Daniel Morkovine (CMS) def. Parker Wilson (Redlands) 6-4, 6-2
4. Max Macey (CMS) def.Jake Ly (Redlands) 5-7, 6-2, 6-2
5. Lestter Yeh (CMS) def. Cooper Lacetera (Redlands) 6-2, 6-3
6. Patrick Wildman (CMS) def. Taylor Hunt (Redlands) 6-3, 6-2
Order of completion
Doubles: 3, 2, 1
Singles: 5, 2, 6, 1, 3, 4