With the season well on its way now and the conference play just started, we want to stop and help you get to know the Athenas players a little bit more on a personal level... and our new Q&A section will allow just that. Cmsathletics.com has asked all player to answer a few FAQs about who they are and what they would like all of you to know about them. So here we go... Welcome to Athenas Basketball's first Q&A.
After a splendid performance at the conference opener on Thursday night against La Verne, we are going to start it up with Senior Kalika Tullock #20
1. What is the perfect meal to eat for you?
Very simple. A thick juicy barbecued burger slapped with some BBQ sauce and served with a side of crunchy but thick seasoned French fries complimented with a straight-out-the-oven warm gooey baked good.
2. If you were on a deserted island and could only bring three things what would they be?
Insect repellant, a butcher knife, and Trey Songz.
3. What is the favorite class you've taken at CMS?
4. Who are your favorite professors?
The ones who give me A's.
5. What do you want to do after basketball?
Go work for the government and get paid to travel the world and talk to various diverse leaders while simultaneously immersing myself into different cultures by eating their food and visiting their hot-spots.
6. Where is your favorite place to play basketball?
Usually on outdoor courts, my favorite one varying depending on the physical quality of the male athletes that are also present.
7. What is your favorite television show?
Looney Tunes for life
8. Where is your favorite place to study?
Any environment that has a nice balance of social liveliness and a focused ambiance. I can't do either extreme by itself.
9. What is your favorite thing to do on an off day?
There's no time for off days when you're working your way to the top. I'm on every single day.
10. Do you have any role models?
11. If you could have a super power, what would it be? What would you use for?
Honestly I've always just wanted to be able to fly. I would use it for my own personal enjoyment and to save money on auto insurance and airfare.
12. What other sports did you play growing up?
Soccer, volleyball, softball, tried track for a second.
13. Where is your favorite place to eat in Claremont?
I lack the experience required for reaching a definite conclusion.
14. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
In Brazil because they have stunning beaches of white sand and clear blue water, vibrant tropical rainforests with trees and florae hitting all colors of the spectrum, and a huge melting pot of plush beautiful people.
15. What was the last song you uploaded to your iPod?
Poppin My Collar by Three 6 Mafia.
16. What is your favorite sport to watch?
Basketball by a long shot, no pun intended.
17. I've always wanted to...?
During every long road trip I've ever taken, I've always wanted to just stop the car and venture off into the distant mountains, plains, or forests that lie majestically and peacefully beyond the sides of the highways and freeways.
18. What is one thing about you that most people do not know...until now?
That which I want known is that which is presently not unknown, but that which is not known shall be forever unknown because I do not wish for it to be known.
19. Is there a motto that you live by?
20. What is your goal this season?
The ultimate goal, the final goal constituted of both short term and constant smaller goals, is to win nationals.
21. What are your views on leadership?
Leadership can take many forms within different individuals; some are vocal leaders and are admired for their skill to motivate and directly push others toward a goal, some are leaders by action and are admired for their quiet, humble determinacy and their position as a direct role model for others to imitate, and every once in a while you'll come across a great leader with a moving vocal presence backed by concomitant actions. These are the leaders who historically have made the biggest impact on society as a whole.
22. What are your hobbies outside of basketball?
Dancing, playing my guitar, singing (attempting to), drawing, and learning new things.
Favorite current song:
Boo Thang by Verse Simmonds
Last meal on the planet:
Baby back ribs smothered in Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, extra cheesy mac n cheese, candied sweet potatoes topped with marshmallows, cornbread covered in honey, fresh oriental chicken salad, and some cheesecake.
Favorite website besides Facebook:
Favorite quality about yourself:
I'm easily amused. This makes life more entertaining.
If you could travel anyplace on earth:
Brazil for the reasons mentioned above.
Anything starring Will Farrel and anything produced by Tyler Perry.
Why did you choose your jersey number:
It was one of the only ones left.